[Login][Search][Register]

Living at Bridges HOA
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
May 2, 2022
Via WebEx

1) Call Meeting to Order 6:05 pm (Michael)

2) Attendance and verification of quorum

Roll call:

BOARD:
x Michael Leighty
Warren Tichenor II
X Don Dunscomb
X Amanda Kellett 
X Laura Kitchen
Avinash Kasipathy
 
 
Owners/Guests:
x Eydie Leighty
X Iain Furgeson 
X Donella Perez-Barbarus
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3) Reading/Approval of Minutes from BOD meetings

  1. April 4, 2022 minutes approved MSP Motion to approve by Laura , 2nd by Don, passed unanimously
  2. Ratification of voting report (includes votes done unanimously outside of a meeting) 4/5/22-5/1/22 MSP Motion to approve by Amanda, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously

    Passed Voting Results Report - 2022-04-05 to 2022-05-01
    Account Name      
    Issue Date Voted Title
    Living At Bridges 14572 4/18/2022 Vote For Irrigation Repairs Brightview $20,470.43 ($10K From Ops Rest From Res.)
    Living At Bridges 14565 4/24/2022 Entr Perim Fence Repair-Vote To Appr Economy Fence $3514.06 From Reserves
    Failed Voting Results Report - 2022-04-05 to 2022-05-01
    Account Name Issue Date Voted Issue Title
    Living At Bridges 14680 4/28/2022 Payment Plan Proposal For Acct In Legal Coll-Rejected, Countered With 6 Mo. Payoff
 
4) Reports of Officers: President, Vice Presidents, and Treasurer
  1. Review of Financials Packages/Invoice Billings (Avinash) (TMT 2 months behind, still awaiting month of March financials to be reconciled and provided with the April report).

    Feb 2022

  2. Status of Accounts - April Collections (Eydie)
    As of 4/31/2021:

    March 2 PIF approx. $2850
    Only 5 now that are above $1K (1 is a 5 yr BR $8056, and another is paying off in the next 3 mo. $6670. Next in line is only $1548. 

    7/10 of the $25 demand letters set in April still outstanding, vote to send to SLP when 25 days expire. ($632 and up plus May dues) 
    MSP Motion to approve by Michael, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously

    Beginning June 1, collection handling charges will change, lien and coll. warnings at $330 then decide how many can be sent to legal for collections.

    Votes requested below to set up for after transition of mgrs.

  3. Other Pres/VP reports-- Pres. report, see VPs below
5) Property Manager’s Report--VP and committee reports
  1. ACC-
    • ACC actions report: 8 application in April, 5 approved, 3 sent back for more info
    • New process June 1, no forms, all online. 
  2. Compliance- 
    • Parking issues--parking next to picnic park on 123rd-still working on it
    • Semi owner identified 
    • Sign in the road on 121st SE Place needs to be removed from the center of the roadway. Letter sent by tmt, still working on.
    • Discontinue walk through--none in May. Resume in June with MyHOA.
  3. Community Outreach--VP vacancy in this area
    • Welcome activity. Pausing welcome activities until we have a committee or chair again. 
    • Kelly Sesay chaired egg hunt, a success.
    • Donella to chair NNO. Cotton Candy Machine. Food Trucks. 
    • Plant starts swap, Donella. 
    • Donella Halloween event??
    • Welcome packets, Cheyenne cards again, paused until we have a committee or chair person.
  4. Landscaping and Maintenance-  
    • Don took care of scotch broom on 304th ($2-5 K spent in neighboring communities). 
    • Tansy Ragwort update, none noticeable.
    • issue 14447 Horseshoe pits filled in by Don and Laura--plant seed- Done, Don is hand watering.
    • Get magnetic Sign for sides of vehicles; "Bridges Board of Directors" from Vista Print for maintenance and Compliance (MyHOA-online.com llc has them for compliance, do we want them for maintenance?) Eydie to order.
    • Top grade finished park drainage, seems to be a big improvement, when water still accumulates on path still it goes away once rain stops. Takes about 24 hours for it to drain away.
    • Shed, 
    • City of Kent notified us regarding catch basins again $10K in 2020, suggest vote (below) on that plus 20% increase and have Eydie get quotes. Cathy already asked to reach out to Innovac, who did it last time. Done By July 22nd. $12,000 Approved for Eydie to get a company to clean catch basins without coming back to the board, Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously
    • Playground repairs--Posts replaced but no other repairs done, vendor is no longer responding, Eydie still working on alternative bids. Found playground vendor that made our play structures, they have parts but no labor. Don and Michael worked on the structure in the tiny park on 121st. It is strongly recommended we start replacing the play structures one per year starting this or next year at the latest, if we do this year, we may be able to convince our new construction contractor who installs them to take care of our repairs at the other as part of the deal. We have a new inspector who can do follow up inspections, suggest we get onto a regular maintenance inspection plan.
  5. Security (Warren)-
    • Warren to research other options for the security money savings to augment the Fdub current plan
    • Waiting for payment refund from Flock for overpayment. March 29 end of contract flock has not removed or sent refund. Eydie reached out regarding check again last week and today.
TMT report: Cathy was given replies for owners she requested waivers for, they were emailed back to her last week. We asked her to get 3 bids on catch basin cleaning including Innovac. She was emailed Sunday to please halt compliance and collection actions until further notice, no drive throughs or late fees or delinquency notices. 
 

6) Old Business
 
  • Tabled topics:
    • Possible parking CC&R changes or rule changes (until transition is completed)
    • Community art wall
    • Replacement of table in gazebo
    • Painting Gazebo
    • Park rules sign and changes. Include times open, overnight vs park use parking status--no update--tabled until parks amenities are rehomed and added. Eydie to get sign quote and post issue for the expenditure for sport court sign. On hold for playground bids on repairs, will be included. 
    • Rules rewrite for park parking (for park use only) and to include hydrants and any other changes- 
    • Little Park amenity relocation and additions 
    • Alert homeowners with fences along all perimeter to do any needed repairs by the end of this year so next year the HOA can begin painting Spring of 2023. To be done after transition.
  • Approved 2020 draft audit- Michael needs to sign and submit final copy along with representation letter to finalize. 
  • 1120H for 2021 is done, confirm Michael signed and send to IRS.
  • 2021 audit underway. Same company, hoping to have it finalized before leaving TMT for ease of fulfillment.
  • Annexation policies to pursue more information were adopted by both Kent and Auburn in April, we should be hearing from Kent soon to help facilitate communication with owners.
  • Laura emailed Cathy requesting funds to open accounts, 1/2 operating funds and all reserves. No checks received to date. Bank account should be ready to go by early this week.
7) New business
  • Votes requested to hit the ground running June 1st:
    • Wait until June to transfer any previously approved reserves spending until after transition since TMT never set up permissions. Figure out then what to pay out of reserves and what to pay from ops. Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously
    • Halt TMT fining and delinquent notices as well as compliance, MyHOA-online to pick up in June 1st.Motion to approve by Amanda, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously
    • Authorize new manager to waive late charges incurred as a result of mailing to wrong place due to transition, not for "I forgots" or failures to pay at all, assess June late fees on July 16-18 not on the 15th. Will send out statement 1st before delinquencies charging addt'l late charges on balances comprised of late charges only. Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously
    • Authorize new managers to waive one late fee with good history or good reason at their discretion (one free spin). Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously
    • Vote to waive late fees, $15 for delinquent letter, timing issue with tmt.  Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously
    • Vote to approve last Innovac charges plus 20% and let Eydie secure a contract without further vote within that range (the deadline to clean is June 24). Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by , passed unanimously
    • Authorize MyHOA-Online to place violations "in work" at their discretion if they are being worked on or will be resolved by the next drive through, even if card is not yet sent (i.e., owner communicated via email, in person discussions, etc.), or if the issue is impacted by supply chain or labor issues. Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously
    • Authorize Michael to sign legal papers, contracts with the vendors MyHOA-Online obtains, taxes, etc. on behalf of the board as their agent. 
      MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously
       
 
8) Next BOD Meeting: June 6th, 2022, 6 pm, same meeting link as usual
9) Next HOA Meeting: December 2022, 7 pm exact date, time and location TBD
10) Motion to Adjourn Regular Meeting MSP Motion to approve by Amanda, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously, Michael Adjourned at 7:26 pm.