[Login][Search][Register]

Living at Bridges HOA
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 3, 2022
On WebEx

1) Call Meeting to Order 6:00 pm (Michael)

2) Attendance and verification of quorum

Roll call:

 Board:
x Michael Leighty
absent Warren Tichenor II
x Don Dunscomb
x Brian Goff
x Amanda Kellett 
x Laura Kitchen
Open position
 
Owners/Guests:
x Eydie Leighty
x Avinash Kasipathy
 
 
 
 

3) Reading/Approval of Minutes from BOD meetings

  1. December 6, 2021 minutes approved MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously
  2. Ratification of voting report (includes votes done unanimously outside of a meeting) 11/2/21-1/3/22 MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously

    Passed Voting Results Report (none failed) - 2021-11-02 to 2022-01-03
    Account Name Issue Date Voted Issue Title
    Living At Bridges 13647 11/4/2021 2021 Meeting Notice And Agenda For Board Input By 11/4 EOB
    Living At Bridges 13655 11/12/2021 Vote To FC On Past Due Acct Over $7K-Vote To Approve Attny Recomm $2500 Per Mo Pmt Plan 6 Mo
    Living At Bridges 13660 11/30/2021 Get Don A Cash Card
    Living At Bridges 13689 11/30/2021 Vote To Send BR File To Demand And Lien Status With SLP Upon Default Hearing
    Living At Bridges 13754 12/1/2021 Payment Plan Requested-Vote To Counter Offer Per Attny Recommendation
    Living At Bridges 13655 12/19/2021 Vote To FC On Past Due Acct Over $7K-Vote To Approve Attny Recomm $2500 Per Mo Pmt Plan confirm 6 Mo limit
4) Reports of Officers: President, Vice Presidents, and Treasurer
  1. Review of Financials Packages/Invoice Billings (Brian) November: About $15K ahead right now on the year, some bills to still clear. More to come via email.
  2. Status of Accounts - Nov Collections (Eydie) Top 10 report, 7 in legal, 1 in FC, more delinquency notices going out, several paid down balances but not in full. 
  3. Other Pres/VP reports-- Pres. report, see VPs below
5) Property Manager’s Report--VP and committee reports
  1. ACC-
    • ACC actions report:  3 applications in Dec (2 for solar), 0 approved (no paperwork was submitted awaiting details from owners), 1 denied 
    • Homes with unapproved turfs will be getting a violation notice and have to go retroactively through the ACC process.
  2. Compliance- 
    • Owner occupied signs
    • Parking issues
    • Last/Next planned walk through
  3. Community Outreach--
    • Tenant info Draft by Donella
    • Gift cards and welcome supplies received?
    • Prospective volunteers to VP/Board position
  4. Landscaping and Maintenance-
    • Brightview contract underway Nov 1. Irrigation repairs to consider in Spring.
    • Split rail repairs are needed along 123rd and 122nd pond area
    • White gravel outside owner fence status--still there, Michael will get a new picture and Eydie will send to Cathy and Mark. 
    • New graffiti on 124th path, additional dog waste being dropped on trail
  5. Security (position vacant)-
    • LPR update, March is end of 1st year
    • F-Dub security update--now daily
  6. TMT report: Still awaiting about process of removing lien on paid off owners, still awaiting BR process. Still not applying collection policy per Sept 1 update, no late charges or interest that I can find. Still no new quotes on requested items (drainage in park-got one from Landcare from Samantha, none on asphalt sealing yet)
6) Old Business
 
  • Tabled topics:
    • Community art wall
    • Replacement of table in gazebo
    • Painting Gazebo
    • Filling in horseshoe pits post-removal
    • Main Park drainage issues--2 bids, one to build up path $1809 including tax Rainier asphalt, one for adding sump--vote sump Landcare $2285 including tax, vote to approve Landcare to perform in the fall (Oct or later once the rain starts) Not sure they will do now that they declined to bid contract. Trying for a bid from Top Grade, do we even want to proceed?
    • Park rules sign and changes. Include times open, overnight vs park use parking status--no update--tabled until parks amenities are rehomed and added. Eydie to get sign quote and post issue for the expenditure for sport court sign. On hold for playground bids on repairs, will be included. 
    • Annexation updates
    • Rules rewrite for park parking (for park use only) and to include hydrants and any other changes
    • Little Park amenity relocation and additions
  • Draft Audits status--Final copy received, all audits now completed from J and M. Pending an answer from CPA on a finding from 2020 audit to share with board.
  • Play structures inspection report review, pending bids on corrective measures to include in budget--repairs included in reserve study budget and posts replaced in December. Awaiting a schedule for the rest of the work. Need to review and approve scope.
  • Need bids on sealcoating streets for 2022. Eydie received one for much lower than anticipated at $52,421, $196K was budgeted in reserves, savings could go to irrigation. Bid expires 1/16/22 vote to approve so we can get on schedule for August. Asked Samantha, now Cathy to get 3 bids for spring, haven't received any yet. MSP Motion to approve using them contingent on Don's reference review by Laura, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously, Don to have final word.
  • Discussion on what we want management to do going forward.
  • Open board positions yet to fill and upcoming vacancies. 
  • Backflow testing was completed.
  • Downed trees removed by city and/or owner, no cost to HOA.
  • Blackberry removal-Brightview $45 per man hour. $18,237 built into budget over contract amount. Vote to get a quote and timing recommendation on the area by Crystal Meadows and area by split rail where it's encroaching MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously
  • Shed--need to determine where it can legally be located to not interfere with easements. We need to call the city of Auburn re sewer easement.
  • Debit card for Don status
7) New business 
  • Split rail repairs are needed along 123rd and 122nd pond area-Quote by Brightview-Discuss removal and volunteer repairs--seek bids from TMT ($9K budget in reserves)
  • Tenant info Draft by Donella, add links to gov docs and approve. Approved with noted changes-- MSP Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously
  • Nominations for appointments to the board MSP Motion to approve Avinash to the board and make him Treasurer in Feb after he works with Brian to transition into the role--by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously
  • Vote for 2022 officer roles, renewals and changes MSP Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Avinash, passed unanimously-Laura volunteered to head up outreach for social committee activities, Amanda will take on welcome committee until we have a VP of outreach.
  • Vote on BrightView $10,246 plus tax suggested irrigation repairs/upgrades--$2300 budgeted in reserves, $10K in ops, to include future annual hot spot costs not to exceed $500 per year beginning in 2023 MSP Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously
    • $2682+tx add master controller to control leaks 
    • $4540 +tx controller replacements
    • $561+tx rotator nozzles for entry island
    • $2463 +tx flow sensing
  • Issue 13894 fine waiver requested MSP Motion to disapprove any fine waiver by Amanda, 2nd by Avanish (newly appointed), passed unanimously
8) Next BOD Meeting: Feb 7, 2022, 6 pm, same meeting link as usual
9) Next HOA Meeting: December 2022, 7 pm exact date, time and location TBD
10) Motion to Adjourn Regular Meeting MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously, Michael Adjourned at 748 pm.