Living at Bridges HOA
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 3, 2022
1) Call Meeting to Order 6:00 pm (Michael)
2) Attendance and verification of quorum
x Michael Leighty
absent Warren Tichenor II
x Don Dunscomb
x Brian Goff
x Amanda Kellett
x Laura Kitchen
x Eydie Leighty
x Avinash Kasipathy
3) Reading/Approval of Minutes from BOD meetings
- December 6, 2021 minutes approved MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously
- Ratification of voting report (includes votes done unanimously outside of a meeting) 11/2/21-1/3/22 MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously
4) Reports of Officers: President, Vice Presidents, and Treasurer
- Review of Financials Packages/Invoice Billings (Brian) November: About $15K ahead right now on the year, some bills to still clear. More to come via email.
- Status of Accounts - Nov Collections (Eydie) Top 10 report, 7 in legal, 1 in FC, more delinquency notices going out, several paid down balances but not in full.
- Other Pres/VP reports-- Pres. report, see VPs below
5) Property Manager’s Report--VP and committee reports
- ACC actions report: 3 applications in Dec (2 for solar), 0 approved (no paperwork was submitted awaiting details from owners), 1 denied
- Homes with unapproved turfs will be getting a violation notice and have to go retroactively through the ACC process.
- Owner occupied signs
- Parking issues
- Last/Next planned walk through
- Community Outreach--
- Tenant info Draft by Donella
- Gift cards and welcome supplies received?
- Prospective volunteers to VP/Board position
- Landscaping and Maintenance-
- Brightview contract underway Nov 1. Irrigation repairs to consider in Spring.
- Split rail repairs are needed along 123rd and 122nd pond area
- White gravel outside owner fence status--still there, Michael will get a new picture and Eydie will send to Cathy and Mark.
- New graffiti on 124th path, additional dog waste being dropped on trail
- Security (position vacant)-
- LPR update, March is end of 1st year
- F-Dub security update--now daily
- TMT report: Still awaiting about process of removing lien on paid off owners, still awaiting BR process. Still not applying collection policy per Sept 1 update, no late charges or interest that I can find. Still no new quotes on requested items (drainage in park-got one from Landcare from Samantha, none on asphalt sealing yet)
6) Old Business
- Draft Audits status--Final copy received, all audits now completed from J and M. Pending an answer from CPA on a finding from 2020 audit to share with board.
- Play structures inspection report review, pending bids on corrective measures to include in budget--repairs included in reserve study budget and posts replaced in December. Awaiting a schedule for the rest of the work. Need to review and approve scope.
- Need bids on sealcoating streets for 2022. Eydie received one for much lower than anticipated at $52,421, $196K was budgeted in reserves, savings could go to irrigation. Bid expires 1/16/22 vote to approve so we can get on schedule for August. Asked Samantha, now Cathy to get 3 bids for spring, haven't received any yet. MSP Motion to approve using them contingent on Don's reference review by Laura, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously, Don to have final word.
- Discussion on what we want management to do going forward.
- Open board positions yet to fill and upcoming vacancies.
- Backflow testing was completed.
- Downed trees removed by city and/or owner, no cost to HOA.
- Blackberry removal-Brightview $45 per man hour. $18,237 built into budget over contract amount. Vote to get a quote and timing recommendation on the area by Crystal Meadows and area by split rail where it's encroaching MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Amanda, passed unanimously
- Shed--need to determine where it can legally be located to not interfere with easements. We need to call the city of Auburn re sewer easement.
- Debit card for Don status
7) New business
- Split rail repairs are needed along 123rd and 122nd pond area-Quote by Brightview-Discuss removal and volunteer repairs--seek bids from TMT ($9K budget in reserves)
- Tenant info Draft by Donella, add links to gov docs and approve. Approved with noted changes-- MSP Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously
- Nominations for appointments to the board MSP Motion to approve Avinash to the board and make him Treasurer in Feb after he works with Brian to transition into the role--by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously
- Vote for 2022 officer roles, renewals and changes MSP Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Avinash, passed unanimously-Laura volunteered to head up outreach for social committee activities, Amanda will take on welcome committee until we have a VP of outreach.
- Vote on BrightView $10,246 plus tax suggested irrigation repairs/upgrades--$2300 budgeted in reserves, $10K in ops, to include future annual hot spot costs not to exceed $500 per year beginning in 2023 MSP Motion to approve by Laura, 2nd by Don, passed unanimously
- $2682+tx add master controller to control leaks
- $4540 +tx controller replacements
- $561+tx rotator nozzles for entry island
- $2463 +tx flow sensing
- Issue 13894 fine waiver requested MSP Motion to disapprove any fine waiver by Amanda, 2nd by Avanish (newly appointed), passed unanimously
8) Next BOD Meeting: Feb 7, 2022, 6 pm, same meeting link as usual
9) Next HOA Meeting: December 2022, 7 pm exact date, time and location TBD
10) Motion to Adjourn Regular Meeting MSP Motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Laura, passed unanimously, Michael Adjourned at 748 pm.