[Login][Search]

Living at Bridges HOA
Board of Directors Minutes
August 2, 2021
On Webex

1) Call Meeting to Order 6:06  pm (Michael)

2) Attendance and verification of quorum

Roll call:

 Board:
 x Michael Leighty
 x Donella Perez-Barbarus
 x Don Dunscomb
 x Brian Goff
 x Louis Tibbs
 absent--Amanda Kellett, Marlene Creaser
 
Owners/Guests:
 x Eydie Leighty
 x Iain Ferguson
 
 

3) Reading/Approval of Minutes from BOD meetings

  1. July 5, 2021 minutes approved MSP Motion to approve by Brian, 2nd by Louis, passed unanimously
  2. Ratification of voting report (includes votes done unanimously outside of a meeting) 7/6-8/1/21 None to report
4) Reports of Officers: President, Vice Presidents, and Treasurer
  1. Review of Financials Packages/Invoice Billings (Brian) 

    JUNE:

    TOTAL COLLECTED: $44,994.86

    INCLUDES 3 RECORDED SALES COLLECTING $1,500 AND $235 IN FINES COLLECTED

    ACCOUNTS WITH OVER $1,000 BALANCE: 10 (1 ACCOUNT AT OVER $4,000, AND 1 ACCOUNT PAID IN FULL SINCE MAY, HOWEVER ANOTHER OVER-DUE ACCOUNT TOOK THEIR PLACE ON THE 10 OVER $1000 LIST)

    TOTAL EXPENSES: $20,425 (INCLUDES $680 IN LEGAL COSTS, $294 FOR NEW SIGNAGE, $265 IN OFFICE EXPENSES, AND $2,209 FOR IRRIGATION REPAIR)

    NET AVAILABLE CASH IN OPERATIONS FUND: $69,246.33

    RESERVE BALANCE AT $175,250.49    (CONTINUING ON-TRACK FOR FULLY FUNDED MODEL)

    Through the end of June 2021, we remain on-track this year to be >$30,000 under the approved budget. We do have some major expenses coming through on the July financials though, so this may be the last month with this good of a story.

     

  2. Status of Accounts - June Collections (Eydie)
    Still lots in arrears (47 delinquency notices sent in July (22nd) vs 53 in June, plus TMT sent out 30 prelien letters without board direction), Still awaiting home owner acceptance on counter offer of payment plan, Samantha is to call them, and report back, if no PP in place by Aug they will get a demand letter. Those with balances can now be charged under the newly adopted collection policy effective June 25th but have been given warning that late fees go into effect Sept 1. Next step on demand letters is to the attorney on the 15 of Aug, but may need to wait until the 20th or so due to the wrong letter going out with 30 days time instead of 25.
  3. Other Pres/VP reports-- No pres. report, see VPs below
5) Property Manager’s Report--VP and committee reports
  1. ACC- (Louis)
    • Announcement--house is on the market so they will be eminently moving (Sept 28 closing on new house, so possibly 1st part of sept on old house.) 
    • ACC actions report 3 applications approved, 2 approved, 1 denied for AC unit (in discussion still)
  2. Compliance-
    • no report, VP absent, remind TMT to watch for the move in signs next drive through. Emailed Samantha on the few violations that are being acknowledged and processed. Complaint from owner on how the yards look.
  3. Community Outreach--
    • Newsletter went out in July, go to emailing individual topics
    • Nat'l Night Out planning update--tomorrow at 5 pm, there will be a DJ, 2 food trucks arranged by Amanda, Mediterranean at 4 and Tamale my life at 5, picnic or buy dinner. City Hall between 5 and 8 to stop by. 
    • Tenant info--design a letter to send to existing tenants.
    • Welcome committee--now getting tmt emails with new owners, will order and send Cheyenne gift cards. 
  4. Landscaping and Maintenance-
    • Tennis court fence and net--project complete, new lock system by Don
    • Community art project on 124th wall-status- 1 application submitted, discuss opening it up to Lea Hill as a possibility, suggestion to contact AMHS for art students or Green river CC. Eydie to contact AMHS and then GRCC to see about interest. Approved the art submitted to begin.
    • Blackberry removal  proposal with sheep and chickens--Brightview at $45 per hour not included in contract. Alternatively, Desire would like to park her flock in the flat area off of 299th in winter in return for a trial basis of the blackberry removal.
    • Fence repair bids received Ember vs Tahoma, vote later tonight
    • Discussion on perimeter fence responsibility. Awaiting attorney response.
    • Moss treatment in lawns status--4x fertilizer per year including moss and weed control to all lawns--Michael inquired on timing, awaiting response
    • Excessive irrigation issues, need a team to help turn off valves when needed. Brian said he could help. Louis suggested putting out a map of the locations to all the board members and Michael and Don are already planning on it. 
    • White gravel and shelves outside owner fence status--still there, but the bedframe was taken away by Don 
    • Aug/Sept work days--Don
    • New tagging all over Lea Hill "Nasti"--Kent already addressed trash in the culvert and the tagging on the inside of the bridge, Don painted over on 124th path and the utility cover is still pending.
  5. Security (position vacant)-
    • LPR update--discuss contract status beyond February.
    • F-Dub security update--parking at parks and squealing cars, new reporting system getting mixed opinions.
  6. TMT report: Meeting soon with Landcare for Bid, Michael and Don walked with Brightview, Eydie and Michael got to see their work first hand in Pierce county, VPS not good listeners, unimpressed on walkthrough with Michael and Don.
6) Old Business
  • Missing materials from J and M, Eydie was able to get all but one report via Chad Partridge using out backup file.
  • Main park drainage issues update--2 bids, one to build up path $1809 incl tax Rainier asphalt, one for adding sump--vote sump Landcare $2285 incl tax, discuss for two other flood areas too, Brian to get answers first likely to proceed in the fall when it starts raining again.
  • Park rules sign and changes. Include times open, overnight vs park use parking status--no update--tabled until parks amenities are rehomed and added. Eydie to get sign quote and post issue for the expenditure for sport court sign.
  • Draft Audits status--completed, Chad recommends signing and said he would feel comfortable doing so if he were on the board--move forward with signatures, Michael and Brian will signoff and send it to Vandal.
  • Official HOA FB group, new rules/code of conduct in process status, Nicole is posting it, unsure when it will happen--no change
  • Horseshoe pit removal status -completed down to dirt, decide in fall how to fill in.
  • Main entrance no parking requests with city under review--Main entrance has been installed--Erik out of office until August, should be responding soon to location of signs being too close to island.
  • Annexation updates - nothing new, all new emails redacted, means it's in legal
  • Rules rewrite for park parking (for park use only) and to include hydrants and any other changes--tabled
  • Gazebo future painting project status--need bids or community work
  • New collection policy status-to be mailed to all owners on Aug 5
  • Street sign missing at 293rd and 123rd status--ordered, pending pick up by Marlene next week
  • Turning street signs for no parking completed along with relo of the dead end sign for 299th
  • Play structures inspection underway, should have reports soon on 4 structures
  • Eydie notified CEDCORE to begin on year 2 update to prepare for budget season and sent in the data

7) New business 

  • Blackberry removal by Crystal meadows review of bids received none received yet, have TMT get bids (Don met with sheep owner and to send SOW to Samantha)
  • City of Kent maintenance performed from public records--not yet reviewed--no change
  • Irrigation repairs found at start up by VPS, 6 controllers, a valve and some heads $2209 completion pending confirmation. Vote to authorize Michael and Don to approve repairs by the current landscaper/irrigation contractor without a vote until the budget for repairs is exhausted per the last completed financials, emergent and no time for bids or lawn could die MSP motion to approve by Brian, 2nd by Donella, unanimously approve
  • Vote on new resolution for advisory committee MSP motion to approve by Don, 2nd by Brian, unanimously approve
  • Answer questions for Iain who would consider replacing Louis once he moves away. 
  • Fence repair bids received Ember vs Tahoma MSP motion to approve by Donella, 2nd by Louis, unanimously approve

8) Next BOD Meeting: Monday Sept 7 2021 6 pm, same meeting link as usual

9) Next HOA Meeting: November 2021, specific date TBD

10) Motion to Adjourn Regular Meeting MSP motion to approve by Louis, 2nd by Donella, unanimously approve