Auburn Common Contact Information

For emergency police, fire or medical assistance always call 911

Non-emergency police number: (253) 288-2121

King County (www.kingcounty.gov)

City of Auburn (www.auburnwa.gov)

  • Mayor
    Nancy Backus
    (253) 931-3008 nbackus@auburnwa.gov
  • Police Chief
    (253) 931-3080
  • Code Enforcement Officers
    George Winner
    (253) 804.5087
    Chris Barack
    (253) 804-5030
    To report a violation: 253-931-3020, option 4
    Online Complaint Form
  • Traffic Code Enforcement
    (253) 288-2121 (non emergency police number)
    For reporting parking issues, abandoned vehicles etc.
  • Public Works Director
    (253) 931-3010
  • Community Services
    Human Services Manager (253) 876-1965 
    Community Programs Coordinator (253) 931-3099
  • Human Services Program Coordinator (253) 931-3096
    Neighborhood Programs Coordinator (253) 876-1988
  • Maintenance and Operations Division
    (253) 931-3048 citizenreport@auburnwa.gov
  • Animal Control
    Ray Peckham
    (253) 931-3062
  • US Post Office (Directions)
    11 3rd St NW
    (253) 333-1377
  • File Online a Non-Emergency Police Report
Puget Sound Energy

Garbage & Recycle Service

  • Waste Management
    Customer Service
    (866) 909-4458

Water and Sewer

  • City of Auburn 
    25 West Main St
    Auburn,WA 98001-4916
    Non-Residential Irrigation Rates
    Water Distribution Manager
    (253) 931-3066
  • Water District #111
    27224 144th Ave SE
    Kent WA 98042-9058

Phone and Cable

Auburn Code Enforcement 

The Planning and Development Department is also responsible for enforcing a number of ordinances of the City of Auburn. This involves public nuisances that may include junked vehicles on private property, tall grass and weeds, junk, etc.

It also includes ensuring that the proper permits have been issued for construction of projects, land clearing, grading and filing of property, placement of signs, and that businesses are operating in compliance with the City of Auburn Zoning Code.

The City of Auburn welcomes phone calls or other communication that alerts us to possible civil code violations that may be occurring in your neighborhood. 

Please call 253-931-3090 if you wish to report a violation.

Mortgage Holder Owned Abandoned Properties

The City of Auburn takes the issue of abandoned properties very seriously. City code compliance staff work every day to address the impacts of these properties on other properties and neighborhoods, however, in many instances, the mortgage holders are out of state financial institutions who are slow to respond or have hired property preservation companies who are not consistent in their maintenance activities.

Citizens who have concerns about abandoned properties and want to help the City get action on them can access information on our abandoned properties page about the mortgage holders. Citizens are encouraged to write, phone or email the mortgage holders or property preservation contacts and request action be taken on one or more abandoned properties. These efforts may help convince the mortgage holders and property preservation companies to act more quickly and consistently 

Don't see a listing you think we should have? For corrections or suggested additions to this list please contact us and let us know what numbers we should add.